ESM is a proven way to manage and deliver services to keep organizations running efficiently.
More than ever before, technology is playing a larger role in organizations—and the technology footprint is expanding. If IT and other shared services are not properly managed, issues can have a negative impact on the business’s bottom line. Enterprise Service Management (ESM) is a proven way to manage and deliver services to keep organizations running efficiently.
Although most organizations are converting from older, legacy solutions, many companies are moving away Although service management is possible without an ESM platform, it is difficult to deliver it in a consistent and effective manner. All organizations are challenged to deliver more with fewer resources, and the EMS platform enables businesses to implement processes that include everything from self-help portals to ticketing tools to real-time dashboards, along with many other capabilities and accompanying benefits:
- Standardize processes: As teams grow, it is difficult to maintain consistency. Inconsistent processes and standards can lead to confusion and discord within an organization. ESM creates a standardized process for an entire organization to follow, which takes the guesswork and individual decision making out of service management.
- Automate operations management: ESM software enables you to monitor the performance of your company and automate many tasks to save time and other resources. In the end, this capability enables the organization to develop continuous improvement strategies, thus enabling it to grow and evolve. Integration with tools and their corresponding automation is key to delivering value and streamlining the processes between the IT service management (ITSM) and IT operations management (ITOM) platforms.
- Make data-driven decisions: Well-implemented ESM solutions deliver real insights and data about your organization. This information can be aggregated and analyzed, which enables companies to make smarter decisions and adjustments based on real, quantifiable needs.
- Streamline simple tasks: Simple and common issues (such as password reset requests, ticket status updates, and managing the HR onboarding processes) are important but can take a lot of time. A self-service portal (a common aspect of ESM) enables shared-services personnel to focus on more critical issues and business needs.
Benefits of Next-Gen ESM Technology Platforms
Research shows that customers of next-gen ITSM platforms realize significant value, as quickly as 12 months payback on investment, and an annual benefit of $50,000 per service desk employee — all because of more efficient and effective IT service management solutions and service request functionality for their businesses.
The three most important considerations with a switch to a new ESM solution, in order of priority, are cost savings, employee productivity, and time to value.
- Reduce costs: Approximately 70% of enterprise customers surveyed saw an additional ROI by rolling out services and solutions beyond core ITSM. Unifying shared services on a single platform can create significant value, reduce administrative burden, and reduce subscription costs by as much as 30%.
- Improve employee productivity: Delivering automated digital services through a common self-service portal improves the speed and efficiency of work and results in a 33% reduction in lost worker productivity. An almost 90% reduction in downtime for employees can be achieved. For example, automating employee onboarding can streamline the work across multiple functional areas and create a productive day-one experience for new employees.
- Quicker time to value: With comprehensive enterprise solutions, codeless configuration, and numerous downloadable integrations and extensions, companies can rapidly deliver new services to the organization. Modern ESM systems also feature lower administrative overhead and the ability to perform faster upgrades. These advantages enable organizations to deliver more value with less effort and resources and to deliver up to 22% reduction for time to resolution (MTTR) .
T4S Partners and ESM
Is a new ESM solution on your organization’s roadmap?
If it is–or even if you are not sure–T4S Partners can help.
We can explain the benefits of next-gen ESM in more detail and help you analyze your company’s needs and potential ROI you can realize by transitioning to an ESM technology platform.
If you are ready to start your ESM transition, we can help with all stages of your journey.
Contact T4S today to learn more.