Modernize your applications one step at a time
You don’t need to throw away your aging applications to modernize your application portfolio. There are many more pragmatic application modernization options that may be available including:
- Rehosting – Applications may benefit from simply running more modern infrastructure, requiring only minimal changes
- Replatforming – Even moving part of an application, such as its database, to a newer, cloud-based service, could provide sufficient improvement for the business
- Revising – Moving applications to the cloud can require revising them so they can operate on and take advantage of the modern cloud
- Remodeling – Adding a REST API to your application is one of many approaches to help your legacy systems interoperate with newer applications and systems
- Refactoring – By using the above four options selectively and incrementally, you can take a path of modernizing your applications in a step-wise manner
Remediation planning and execution
T4S will help you determine what applications remediations would work best for your organization. We also can plan and implement these remediations, small or large. We have remediated many complex applications to the cloud across multiple modernization projects. Our modernization projects deliver value in a realistic manner, either as a single application or as part of a large application transformation effort.
Our application remediation approach also takes into account how a step-wise approach can improve your organization’s adoption of the changes. Info-Tech advises also the importance of managing incremental organizational changes in any modernization and application remediation effort.