Octapharma Plasma, Inc. is a US-based company that collects, tests, and supplies human blood plasma used in the creation of different therapies and medicines. They are one of the largest producers of plasma products. Their mission is to ensure a safe customer experience for donors all while continuing to produce a constant supply of quality plasma for patients worldwide.
Unfortunately, after finding employees were losing or having company devices stolen (computers, phones, etc.) they quickly realized they needed to implement a “Lost and Stolen Devices” tracking solution. And they wanted to make it as simple as possible.
Enter Cherwell Solutions
Fortunately, Octapharma selected Cherwell’s Service Management solution, an innovative platform of ITSM tools aimed at implementing solutions to evolve and improve IT processes. The solutions included:
- the ability for the customer to view information regarding the lost or stolen device from a portal,
- an automated checklist to be used with different device types that are lost or stolen (mobile devices required different checklists from laptops),
- an automated notifications process for different security teams based on the device types lost or stolen.
The T4S Take: Keep It Simple
Octapharma’s initial issue was because its current system was complex and dependent on human intervention. Plus, the assigned technicians had to follow a series of instructions in a confusing spreadsheet. As it turned out, it was a time-consuming process with several failure points and no automation.
Thanks to Cherwell’s Service Management Solution, the new process is much simpler and includes:
- reporting of the incident directly to the affected customer,
- a process and procedure for working the security issue from the technician’s portal view,
- an automated notification process for the security team involvement, to acton the information gathered and posted by the service technicians.
Questions to Ask for Your Own Digital Transformation
As your organization considers what is working and what needs improvement within your IT service management system, remember Octapharma’s story and keep it simple with these questions in mind:
- Does your current IT service management system make it easy?
- Does your current IT solution include automation where it is necessary?
- Are there too many failure points within your processes and supporting systems?
Octapharma’s Cherwell implementation was completed quickly and efficiently, and more importantly, simplified the entire process. There is no reason your company cannot achieve the same results—provided you have the right partner behind you!
Contact T4S Partners to unlock your digital transformation.